Thursday, May 12, 2011

Summer S.O.A.P Team!

I'm coming back from a blogging absence to post about why I'd love to be considered for Bramble Berry's Summer S.O.A.P. team- this has been a good chance for me to get out of the lab (aka, kitchen filled with experiments!) and concentrate on the 'technology' side of soaping... blogging about it! :-)

To begin, my favorite Bramble Berry product (as yet) is the water resistant label paper! That may sound like a strange choice- but I know labeling is an important step in getting our business off the ground, and it's the product I am still the most excited about! What you put on the outside of a product reflects the care that went into the product. It's great to find quality label paper at a great price, and the thing that I was the most thrilled about was that I could buy it a few sheets at a time for testing. It's nice to be able to save money wherever you can when you're just starting to turn your hobby into a business.

A sheet of plain paper, full of label color print tests. Time to make labels!


I would love to be considered for this panel because I am constantly looking for new challenges while working on our business. It's been a bit scary trying to take something that was a fun hobby into the world of small businesses, so my awesome helpers (my Mom and three brothers) and I have done our best to leave our comfort zones and experiment to create things that we think others will like (and that we love!). And, though the business aspect is still in the works, we have already had the best kind of rewards- seeing other people get excited about what we're doing!

Now it's time to take it one step further and start branching out to help others in the crafting community! We've done it on a small scale, answering questions from friends and on forums, and even having friends over to show them that making soap or lotion isn't hard. It feels great to have someone literally jumping up and down because you're showing them how to make soap! But we would also love to contribute something to the companies that we purchase our supplies from to show we appreciate their hard work, which is why I'm volunteering for the S.O.A.P. panel. Plus, who could pass up a chance at something that sounds this fun? ;-)

I'm very fortunate to have four willing family members- we are all very different so when we come together to work on crafts we have a lot to bring to the table. If I am chosen to participate in the S.O.A.P. team, I look forward to getting their first impressions on the scents and their help with the projects. :-)

In either case, I have enjoyed reading the blogs about the last S.O.A.P. team and look forward to reading everyone's experiences with this panel and seeing the results!

Take care, everybody!

0 comments:

Post a Comment